The other day I was flipping through my old CD collection when I came across this 2006 Sugarland CD called Enjoy the Ride. I couldn’t help but think about how appropriate the CD title is as I reflect on the past 30 years of my life. I have certainly enjoyed the ride that has been my life over the past 30 years. Of course there’s been some bumps in the road and I hit a few potholes along the way, but overall it’s been a fairly smooth ride. I definitely can’t complain.
I’ve had the privilege of experiencing many exciting adventures along my journey of life. Here are just a few.
- I’ve grown up in the best place on earth – a farm in the middle of nowhere, Manitoba.
- I’ve studied hard and obtained a University degree.
- I’ve been recognized for my skills and been offered amazing career opportunities.
- I’ve been able to work in an industry I love and am passionate about – agriculture.
- I’ve moved to places where I knew no one and ended up meeting friends for life.
- I’ve helped those in need through volunteering.
- I’ve flown around the world by myself travelling to several amazing countries.
- I’ve experienced many extreme activities such as sky diving and bungy jumping (and lived to tell the tale!).
- And most importantly, I’ve been loved by family and friends.
Today is my birthday – the big 30. The song, It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to, comes to mind. But if I shed any tears today they’ll be tears of happiness, not sadness. I’ve had a wonderful 30 years. And only God knows what the next 30 years holds for me. I only hope that I will continue to Enjoy the Ride!
Thank you for reading my blog!