I officially survived my first year as a 30-something-year-old. Today I turn 31. Sometimes I find myself wondering, “where did the past 31 years go?” It seems like just yesterday I was living the idyllic life of a carefree farm kid. But those days are long gone. 31 years later I find myself living and working in the big city.
Last year when I hit the big 30 I shared a blog post titled Enjoying the Ride where I reflected on some of the exciting adventures I’ve had the privilege of experiencing along my journey of life. Check out that blog post.
Last year, I looked back. This year, I’ve decided to look ahead. What would I like to accomplish in the next 31 years of my life?
Here are several things on my Bucket List (in no particular order):
- Visit Africa and go on a safari.
- Get married and have children.
- Live on an acreage outside the city.
- Take an Alaskan cruise.
- Tour around the Hawaiian islands.
- Grow my own food – have a small garden.
- Travel to Newfoundland – the only Canadian province I haven’t been.
- Become an Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator whiz.
- Go skiing at every resort in the Canadian Rockies.
- Go skiing in Colorado.
- Participate in a half marathon.
- Go whitewater rafting – class 4 or 5 rapids.
- Take a helicopter tour over the Canadian Rockies.
- Drive Route 66 through the U.S. and stop at random small towns.
- Have one of my blog posts featured on Freshly Pressed – the WordPress homepage.
Country artist Tim McGraw has a song titled, My Next 30 Years. He sings, “I’m gonna cry a little less and laugh a little more, find a world of happiness without the hate and fear – figure out just what I’m doing here, in my next 30 years.”
Good words to remember as I embark on my next 31 years.