It’s time for another gratitude journal post. I’ve missed a few weeks so I have some catching up to do, and of course lots to be thankful for.
- Easter with my brother, sister-in-law and baby niece. They travelled to Alberta to pick up a horse and stopped to visit me. It made my weekend! Holidays can be hard when you live so far from family.
- Annual mother-daughter weekend. I love having visitors, and my favourite guest is my mom. We always have a fun time in and around Calgary for a few days.
- Plant Nite. My mom and I tried something new. We participated in a fun Plant Nite where we each created a small terrarium. Fingers crossed, I don’t kill the plants!
- A successful year as president of a local Agri-marketing group. I learned so much and met so many great people in the industry. I’ve now moved into the role of past president for a year.
- I was part of a group that planned a successful Agronomy 101 seminar in Calgary. Great attendance of app. 70 industry people and valuable learnings.
- Aggie Days. I volunteer at this fantastic event every year. I’m a strong supporter of Ag education. This year I volunteered with the farm equipment committee and enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids faces as many of them climbed up on a vintage tractor for the first time and had their photos taken.
- Sharing my Ag story. I had the privilege of participating in an Ag Careers event at Olds College, representing my company.
- A day at the spa. Love a nice massage.
- Dinners and drinks with good friends. I prefer one on one or small group settings. I have a better conversation with people.
- Supporting YYC Poutine Week and MealShare YYC with some delicious pulled pork poutine.
- Summertime! Oops, I mean springtime – finally! It feels like we went right from winter to summer, and missed spring. Today was a beautiful, sunny 26 Celsius. We deserve it after a very long winter.
Leave a Reply