August is in the books, which means our short Prairie summer has come to a close. Many things brought me joy in the final month of summer.
- My brother’s 40th birthday. I can’t believe my oldest brother is now 40. Seems like just yesterday we were kids growing up on the farm.
- Making a pit stop in Swift Current on my way back to Calgary and meeting an online friend for the first time.
- Travelling to potato country in southern Alberta for a work video shoot – and free potatoes straight from the field.
- Beach day. I took advantage of some nice summer weather and headed to a nearby man made beach in a provincial park that happens to be located in the city of Calgary.
- Fresh produce from the garden. My mom has a big garden on the family farm and she generously shares some with me.
- A wiener roast in the park with good friends and their cute kids. Nothing beats a hotdog cooked over an open fire in the summer.
- Venturing up to the Edmonton area for a friend’s housewarming at her family’s beautiful acreage in the country. The backyard overlooks wheat and barley fields – it doesn’t get any better than that.
- Brunch in Edmonton with two friends and fellow ag communicators I hadn’t seen in a long time.
- A Stampede wrap up supper with the awesome Ag Media committee. Celebrated a successful Stampede and shared lots of laughs.
- Getting my new passport in the mail. Travelling, here I come.
- Being offered and accepting a new job. More to come on this shortly.