May has come and gone, and it’s time for another Year of Joy post. I’ve declared 2016 my Year of Joy and every month I have many things to be joyful about.
- My favourite farmer, my dad, celebrated his 65th birthday doing what he loves, farming.
- Last year I travelled to Ontario on a regular basis for work and was able to see my cousin who lives there quite frequently. I finally had my first Ontario work trip of the year recently and was able to visit my cousin again. Always enjoy catching up with her.
- Drove out to my friends’ farm and met their new baby boy. It was a beautiful day for a drive in the country and I had a fun time with their family.
- Got my hair done! Love the feeling of a fresh cut and colour (or in this case, a trim – I wanted to keep it long). And to top it off I got some nice compliments on it.
- Received some much needed rain across the Prairies. Our farmers really needed rain for the newly seeded crops.
- Went to Calgary Beerfest for the first time with my colleague and sampled some new local craft beers.
- Despite not being a mom, I celebrated Mother’s Day with a Cocktail and Chocolate pairing event at Eau Claire Distillery in Turner Valley, AB with a friend.
- Finally got my bicycle fixed and enjoyed some bike rides.
- Successfully passed my fourth marketing class at Mount Royal University. Really enjoyed this class, and we had our final class at Wild Rose Brewery in Calgary where we learned about their marketing.
- Spent time with some of my colleagues from Switzerland in Ontario. I have some great colleagues. And they brought me Lindt Swiss chocolate – love chocolate!
- Got out of the office and spent a day shooting a work video in a canola field.