I was pleasantly surprised recently when my blogger friend Lara of My Other More Exciting Self nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you, Lara! I am honoured that you would consider me for this award. I met Lara awhile ago at an ag conference in Kansas City. I soon discovered how much we have in common. Lara and I both grew up on family farms in locations not far from each other, yet in different countries (Me – Manitoba, Her – Minnesota). We both know what it’s like to face a cold snowy winter! We also share a love of cute dresses and shoes, an interest in baking and enjoy travelling. Please check out Lara’s great blog.
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to nominate other up-and-coming bloggers they like, in the hopes that this will lead more people to discover these bloggers for themselves. I’m thrilled to be included in Lara’s list of 10 bloggers worth checking out. In order for me to accept this award, I am now charged with answering 10 questions Lara gave me and naming 10 more bloggers for the Liebster Award. Here are my answers:
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently and why? Youtility by Jay Baer. “Why Smart Marketing is about Help not Hype.” I work in marketing and found this book very informative.
- Cupcakes or cookies? Definitely cookies. My favourite cookies are homemade oatmeal chocolate chip. Check out this recipe on my blog.
- If you could go back to your childhood, what advice would you give yourself? Be more appreciative of everything, especially growing up in my wonderful family on the farm. As an adult, I now realize what a blessed life I had on the farm.
- If money were no object and you could travel anywhere, where would go and why? There are so many places in the world that I would love to experience. But I’d say Africa. It has a variety of landscapes and unique culture.
- Why do you blog? To connect with people, whether it be friends I’ve known my whole life or complete strangers.
- If you could meet one living person in the world, who would it be? Billy Graham – an amazing man.
- What is your favorite meal? Anything someone else cooks! But if I had to choose I’d say roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas and carrots – a down-home farm meal!
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Unfortunately, it’s probably my smartphone.
- When was the last time you tried something for the first time and what was it? Recently, I tried some more difficult ski runs in the mountains that I’d never tried before. Definitely stepping outside my comfort zone!
- What makes you smile? Receiving a hand written letter or card, or photo of family or friends, in the mail. I love snail mail like this!
Here are 10 blogs I’d like to nominate for the Liebster Award. Typically these “up and coming” blogs are supposed to have 200 or fewer followers. Some of these blogs may have more followers. I enjoy reading these blogs – please check them out.
- A Year in the Life of a Farmer: http://southsaskfarmer.com
- Cami Ryan on Society, Science, Technology and Agriculture: http://doccamiryan.wordpress.com
- Nurse Loves Farmer: http://www.nurselovesfarmer.com
- OregonGreen: https://oregongreen.wordpress.com
- The Adventures of Hannah Bob: http://adventuresofhannahbob.com
- The Beef Jar: http://thebeefjar.com
- Alive and Well in Kansas: http://aliveandwellinkansas.wordpress.com
- Amy on the Prairie: http://amyontheprairie.com
- Rural Route 2: http://illinoisfarmgirl.wordpress.com
- My Ag Life: http://myaglife.com
If the bloggers above decide to accept their Liebster Award, here is what they are requested to do:
- Thank the person who nominated them.
- Nominate 10 up & coming blogs they follow for the award.
- Answer the 10 questions I gave them (below)
- Create 10 questions of their own for their nominations to answer.
- And finally … don’t forget to blog about it and put the award up on your page!
Here are my 10 questions for the bloggers above:
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- Country or city?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- iPhone, Android or Blackberry?
- How do you like your steak? Or no steak?
- What would you rather be – smart, wealthy or attractive?
- Cats or dogs?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- What’s an item on your bucket list?
- What makes you smile?