The first month of Fall flew by. September is one of my favourite times of the year because it’s harvest time on the Canadian Prairies. Some of the things that brought me joy this month revolved around harvest.
- Visiting friends on their farm near Calgary during their harvest – riding in the truck and combine, and even running the grain cart for a bit. And a delicious supper in the field.
- Stopping at a friend’s farm in Saskatchewan during harvest and riding shotgun in the semi hauling lentils to the elevator.
- Attending the Canadian farm writers conference in Saskatoon which included venturing outside the city for an Ag tour, listening to engaging speakers during the professional development sessions, catching up with old friends and meeting new friends.
- A mountain road trip to BC for the Labour Day long weekend with a good friend. We went on a few hikes, soaked in a couple hot springs and of course enjoyed some good food and drink.
- A visit with good friends who were in town from Indiana. I took them for lunch at one of my favourite local restaurants.
- A road trip to my old stomping ground, Medicine Hat, to visit a good friend and catch up.
- It was month 1 at my new job. Still learning the ropes – very busy and enjoying the work.
- Survived my first kids event. Week three of my new job I was on my own at an event teaching app. 300 Grade 4 and 5 students about barley.
- Going for walks on beautiful fall days.
- Getting my hair done. My favourite part of going to the salon is having someone wash my hair and giving me a scalp massage. And I like a good trim and fresh colour.
- Leaves changing colour in Autumn – love the beautiful colours – red, orange and yellow.